This week EasyJet announced they had seen a fall in the number of travellers booking flights this summer citing Brexit uncertainty as the cause.
- Return travel to the airport, taxi’s and coaches with fewer jobs available
- Airlines, fewer airline and airport service staff required
- Holiday toiletries such as sun creams, suitcases, holiday clothes, insurance
- Travel articles, suitcases, holiday clothes and shoes
- Travel insurance
- Car hire requirements reduced
- Return airport transfers, taxi’s, coaches and tour guides
- Accommodation, hotels and apartments with fewer jobs available
- Leisure, childrens clubs, restaurants, bars and beach activities
- Currency traders, banks and foreign exchange staff
In total, at least 8 industries impacted
Transport, product suppliers, manufacturers, insurance, banking, hospitality, hoteliers, retail outlets
Business areas impacted, jobs, profits, production/service schedules, forecasts, business strategy and plans
Simply understanding the change isn’t enough without analysing the wider impacts.